Nov 15, 2010

Movie Mondays!





Not as good as Raiders, better than Temple and marginally superior to The Last Crusade, the Indiana Jones series is bought to a satisfying conclusion. A decade has passed since the end of WW2, the Nazis are defeated and the new threat (the Reds!) of Russia looms. Doctor Jones is older and carries the bumps and bruises of a life of adventure. This time, he finds himself drawn in to the hunt for another artifact, The Crystal Skull. The film bears less resemblance to the serials of the 40s and more to the scifi/horror films of the 50s, the time period in which it is set. The story is predictable but it’s all about the ride. Even more amazing is the fact Harrison Ford did all his own stunt work for the film. The subtle message here is we all get older but that doesn't mean the adventure has to stop, well done.


I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: